At Barnfield Children’s Centre we offer an outreach service for parents/carers with children aged 0-5 years, who may need additional support within their home and community. Outreach aims to improve the life chances of vulnerable/hard to reach children and their families through early identification/intervention.
We work to ensure our service is inclusive, anti discriminatory and tailored to meet the individual needs of young children and their families. Barnfield Children’s Centre Staff work in partnership with parents to make a positive difference to their children’s long term outcomes. Safeguarding children is paramount in our work with families.
The referral process is a referral form being completed by a professional or through self referral. Once the referral form is received we will acknowledge receipt and will arrange for an initial home visit. We will offer a planned outreach service, based on the aims identified, within the family home/local community.
The Outreach Services can include:
- supporting families in parenting their children
- support families to form secure attachments
- advice and strategies in managing children’s behaviour
- offering play opportunities and supporting parents in their child’s development
- supporting families to attend meetings and appointments
- supporting families to access children’s centre services
- signposting families to other local services/agencies
- offering support in accessing respite through childcare services
- Identifying additional family needs and completing a Common Assessment Framework
For an Outreach Pack including referral form please email :-