At Barnfield Primary School, our intent is to provide a curriculum framework that offers exciting and meaningful learning experiences. To ensure this we:
- Provide pupils with strong basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics, which form the cornerstone of lifelong learning
- Provide pupils with an appreciation of their diverse multicultural heritage and develop the skills of respect and tolerance
- Enable pupils to become resilient learners and overcome challenges that they face
- Be broad and balanced at each key stage and will be delivered in such a way that it develops inquisitive learners
- Take account of the pupils starting points and build from them, having high expectations of all
- Be vibrant, through the use of themed days and weeks (e.g. Creativity Week) to stimulate the pupils and enable them to develop and apply the skills learnt in new and different ways
- Be subject to regular review to meet and anticipate the needs of the pupils, the demands of society, the requirements of the National Curriculum and the wider curriculum.